Xổ số may mắn hàng tuầnTo mitigate the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), public access to our office is restricted to personnel only, except for limited in-person appointments scheduled ahead of time with our divisions.
or facade) and email the completed form to ISDAffidavits@boston.gov or call 617-961-3076.
Board of Appeal
Applicants requesting relief of the zoning or building code, or anyone inquiring about upcoming hearings, should send an email to ISDBoardOfAppeal@boston.gov or call 617-635-4775.
Building Division - Permits
- Check your permit status: To check the status of pending permits please visit our . To check the status of issued permits visit our Permit Finder website:
- Look up historic documents: Historical permits can be found at the portal.
- Apply for an online permit: Submit an application for Alteration/Long Form, Amendment, Use of Premise, Short Form, Electrical, Gas, and Plumbing permits via our .
- Applying for a permit not available online: To apply for a Sheet Metal, Trench, or Sprinkler permit, please download the permit application (Sheet Metal, Trench, Sprinkler), and submit the completed application along with your , COVID-19 Safety Affidavit, COVID-19 Safety Plan and a copy of your builders license to ISDPermits@boston.gov. We will contact you regarding the next steps. For related questions, please email ISDPermits@boston.gov or call 617-961-3424.
- Questions about permits at the “intake stage”: If your permit is in “Intake” (aka Counter #1) and you need assistance, please contact us at ISDPermits@boston.gov or 617-961-3424.
- Questions about permits at the “Inspection Review Stage”: If your permit is in the “inspection review stage" and you need assistance, please contact the appropriate inspector. You can also email ISDBuildingInspection@boston.gov , ISDMechanicalInspection@boston.gov, ISDElectricalInspection@boston.gov or call (617) 961-3289
- Plan drop off or pickup: Applicants looking to drop off plans or consult with a plan review staff member must schedule an appointment by emailing ISDPZREVIEW@boston.gov.
- Off-hour work permits: To apply for an off-hour permit to work outside of the normal construction hours, please send a completed off-hour permit application via email to ISDOffHourInspection@boston.gov. Once received we will contact you regarding the next steps
Building Division - Inspections
- Request a buildings and structures inspection: To schedule a building, electrical or mechanical inspection, please contact the appropriate ward inspector, or reach out to the appropriate group email address: ISDBuildingInspection@boston.gov, ISDMechanicalInspection@boston.gov, ISDElectricalInspection@boston.gov, or call 617-961-3289.
- Off-hour inspection requests: To request an “off-hour” inspection from a building, electrical, or mechanical inspector, please send a completed off-hour inspection application to ISDOffHourInspection@boston.gov. If it is approved, you will be instructed to pay the fee of $250 online, then the inspection will be scheduled.
Building Division - Builders License Renewals
- City of Boston Building License renewal: To renew your builders license or apply for a new license, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-961-3225.
Certificates of Inspections and Certificates of Occupancy
Download the and/or for a Certificate of Occupancy. If you have an inquiry or would like to submit an application related to a Certificate of Occupancy, or if you need assistance regarding a certificate of inspections, please send an email to ISDCertificates@boston.gov or call 617-961-3458, 617-961-3223, or 617-961-3401. We're holding in-person meetings by appointment only.
If you have an inquiry or would like to reach the Commissioner, send an email to ISDCommissioner@boston.gov or call 617-961-3434.
If you have a complaint regarding illegal rooming homes, hoarding, or construction projects not in compliance with the City’s COVID-19 Construction Safety Protocols, please contact email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 617-869-6920.
Environmental Sanitation Division
can be completed, signed, and emailed to the department for processing. Questions and applications can be sent to ISDenvironmental@boston.gov or call 617-961-3422.
All in-person plan reviews have been suspended until further notice. Questions or inquiries for the Health Division can be sent to ISDHealth@boston.gov or call 617-635-5326.
Weights and Measures Division
Our Weights and Measures Sealers are conducting random verification inspections to ensure that consumers are being accurately charged. Questions or inquiries can be sent to ISDwm@boston.gov or call 617-635-5328
On Tuesday, May 5, the City activated the submission process for required COVID-19 Safety Affidavits and COVID-19 Safety Plans for permitted construction work. The City also announced the timeline to incrementally expand the categories of allowed construction to further align with the broader categories of construction defined as essential by the State. Read the announcement. You can also review the COVID-19 safety affidavit and plan submission process for Inspectional Services.