- Where to start
- Need help now?
- Non-emergency reports
- Cold and heat
- More resources
Need help now?
If you're experiencing an emergency, please dial 9-1-1Xổ số may mắn hàng tuần. If you are dealing with a non-emergency situation in the City of Boston, .
Preparing for a hurricane
Learn about what actions to take when you receive a Hurricane Watch or Hurricane Warning.
Non-emergency reportsNon-emergency reports
Cold and heat
When you know severely cold weather is coming, remember to take steps to prepare:
- Take caution when using portable heating devices like space heaters.
- Cover exposed skin and watch out for frostbite.
- Make sure the exhaust pipe on your car is clear of snow, as well as your house's heater vent.
- To prepare for power outages, stock up on batteries, flashlights, and canned goods.
During periods of extreme heat, we'll declare a heat emergency and open community centers as cooling centers.
- BCYF Community Centers become cooling centers during a heat emergency.
- Never leave children and pets alone in cars. Cars heat up quickly even if the windows are slightly open.
- no matter how active you are.
- Adults and children should use sunscreen containing an SPF-15 or higher and wear protective, loose-fitting clothing.
Preparing for climate change
Climate Ready Boston is our initiative to get the City ready for the long-term impacts of climate change.